A typical fun question I like to ask people is “what is one food you would never want to live without?” Well friends, mine would be NUTS. I freaking love every and all nuts, I don’t discriminate. They’re my go to snack, I put them on salads, in side dishes, anywhere I can put them into my foods, I do. Some may call it an obsession, and I’m okay with that. Now one of my favorite things to do with nuts, especially almonds, is to make my own almond butter. It is honestly so easy it will shock you. It also saves you from buying the $11 jar of almond butter at the store and you know exactly what is going into it and can make all different types and flavors.
I have used a couple different brands when making this and have found that my favorite is Back to Nature Dry Roasted Almonds. It gives the almond butter a DELICIOUS roasted flavor without any added oils and leaves the butter super creamy.
But again, you can use any almonds (or peanuts, cashews, etc.) that you have on hand. Now let’s get to breaking down these almonds into a creamy, oh so tasty, butter!
Total Time: 10-15 minutes
Yields: about 2 cups (will depend on how much almonds you decide to use)
What You’ll Need:
- Food Processor
- 2.5-3 cups Almonds (it really just depends how much butter you want to make and how big your food processor is)
- Glass jar
And, THAT’S IT! Yes, seriously, that’s it!
- Dump your almonds into your food processor, pulse a couple of times to get the almonds chopped up, then hit “on” and let it do its thing for about 10 minutes!
- The food processor will do all the work. The almonds will start to clump into a huge ball and your processor may start dancing on your counter but that’s a good thing! Just let it be, seriously don’t touch it as much as I know you’ll want to! Eventually the natural oils in the almonds will start to break down and come out and that is what starts to loosen the clump and it will become more and more creamy the longer you let it run.
- Once the almonds are totally smooth and creamy (about 10ish minutes) turn off your processor and pour it into a glass jar with a lid.
- Grab a spoon and eat directly out of the jar (or put the lid on and store it in the fridge if you’re a party pooper).
See, how stinkin easy is that?!
Enjoy my loves!